Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reading update

I have not been reading as much lately. I am still waiting to get my next book club book from the library. It has been on hold forever! I may miss this month. (They probably only have one copy and another book club gal has it checked out!) Anyway, here are the two most recent reads:

The Red Glove Collection, by Karen Kingsbury - Four short Christmas stories. As always, I love her stories. Easy reading after reading the older classics.

Its a God Thing, Inspiring Stories of Life-Changing Friendships, by Larry Baker with Becky Lyles - Becky is in my Bible study this year and she was the author who wrote down Larry's story. Challenging and inspiring. He definitely has a ministry that God has called him to. It reminds me that we each have our own place to which we are called. While we are all called to a ministry of friendship, it will look different for each of us. The type of ministry that Larry does could be unwise for someone younger or with a different set of strengths. So don't try and do what someone else does, but what you are called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment