Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blogs, girl time and Saturday productivity

So all da boys are out cutting wood this weekend which leaves me home with a little girl time. Now my dillema is how much of it to blow on fun stuff like watching movies and endless hours of reading blogs versus getting something productive done (that I can tell my hubby I accomplished something while he was gone).

I end up sorting through the office, which is no small task. I still had not pulled all the 2009 filing to store, much less started filing anything from 2010. I am going through all sorts of files of miscellaneous stuff like rototiller rental reciepts, old Lowe's ads, every money market transaction over the last 4 years.... (why do I have this stuff???) The idea is that somehow, eventually, it will lead to me being able to balance my checkbook. What has happened to me? I used to be a very diligent, track every penny, checkbook balancer. This was when I did it all with a pencil and paper. Now that I use a computer to track and balance I put it off for way too long. I think it is because I have to make sure everything is entered before I can balance it. And I have to sort through the filing to enter stuff. And I have to have a place to file it before I sort through it.... You see my problem.

Anyway, I am tackling it today. Until I decide to take a break and look at a few blogs. HOW in the world do these women get all this incredible stuff done and still blog about it? Now I am not only feeling unproductive because I just blew an hour reading blogs and not getting anything done, but also slightly inferior because I am not doing any of their amazing projects. Woe is me!

Blogs, and really the computer in general are my love-hate relationship. So much cool information, so little time. Especially as I am using my time to find more cool information that I may never actually do. Oh well, such is my life.... Back to my office so that I can say I accomplished something today.

Or maybe I should just watch a movie and eat chocolate bon-bons instead.....

No comments:

Post a Comment