Thursday, January 14, 2010

25 Random Things

25 random things about myself. It seems a bit narcissistic, but then isn't blogging in general a bit narcissistic? Anyway, it also seemed kind of fun, so here goes:

1. I always have a hard time starting things - I write things one way and then redo them another. I can't seem to just dive in and go without thinking way too hard...
2. .... and i overanalyze things, and re-analyze things....
3. I am not particularly observant of my surroundings. There is a lot of stuff I really just don't notice. (But once I am aware of something you can bet I will find some way to analyze it!
4. Have I mentioned that I am annoyingly analytical?
5. Not a phone person, I really just don't like to talk much on the phone.
6. I love to gather and collect ideas. And I constantly generate ideas. Not so great on the follow thru of many of those ideas.
7. I really enjoy doing jobs like sorting, filing, copying, shredding. You know things you can just veg and do. Plus there is such a sense of accomplishment - you can see your progress.
8. I love learning new things. If i didn't have to worry about time or money i could probably spend the rest of my life taking random classes that interested me. Photography, neurology, economics, astrophysics....
9. I would like to learn to weld.
10. and knit... and crochet (i actually am working on learning to crochet right now)
11. I love all types of food. I love to try new recipes. I like almost every kind of ethnic food i have ever tried. And i am fortunate to have a hubby who is even more adventurous in eating than i am.
12. I have picky kids tho - which really annoys me until i remember that i was once a picky kid, so there is hope.
13. I generally take terrible pictures; something i would like to change.
14. I have visited more foreign countries than I have visited states in the U.S.
15. And I have not visited a foreign country since 1991, so almost 20 years now. This includes Canada, which is really sad because I live in a state that borders Canada!
16. I rarely like to watch any movie a second time. Unless i have completely forgotten it.
17. I quite often find it easier to get in a conversation with a group of guys than a group of girls.
18. I like football and find it interesting, which may be why #17 happens.
19. I have actually taken birdwatching.
20. I seem to collect books, and yet i feel like there are so many i have not read.
21. I would love to have a totally self-sustaining, off-the-grid acreage: chickens, solar panels, woodstove, root cellar, etc. At least i like the idea of such a thing.
22. I am a skeptic and a rarely believe any "new study" unless I can look at the data myself and read about how the study was set up.
23. I debate people all the time in my head. I am learning to say less and less out loud because I am also learning that most people don't like a friendly debate. But it is happening in my head. And I sort of like the debates in my head better anyway - at least I can win those! ( I used to be queen of the yabbuts, where I answer a person, "Yeah, but....." )
24. Underneath it all I am a bit non-conformist, so in the end my list will be something other than 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment