
By "getting back to normal" I do not mean that we have unpacked everything, settled in, and found a routine. What I do mean is that every nook and cranny of this new house is starting to be covered with
Legos, which was pretty much par for the course at our old house.

The new twist is that this house has an upstairs landing that overlooks the front room. And it was only a matter of time before the boys used it to their advantage with Lego contraptions.

Yesterday the boys decided to build a "Lego amusement park" in the front room. Here is the kid's climbing wall and a ride.

Closer view of the ride - looks to me like a "tilt-a-whirl". Man I loved those things when I was a kid - and I can't imagine a much worse torture now as an adult.

Here they are working on the major attraction of the park - a Lego zip line from the upstairs landing!

Here is the larger climbing wall - for adult
Legos.

Now you can see the zip line. The top red yarn is the zip line. It has a
lego and paperclip contraption to attach the
lego people. Conner is holding onto the bottom red yarn which is tied to a paperclip "hook" to pull the contraption back up to the top again. It really was a pretty good engineering feat!

Here Conner is using the pulley system on the zip line. You can also see the fireplace in the front room and also about all the decorating that I have done so far. I have one picture hung! Woo-
hoo! Chris is also rolling all over the open floor as we do not have any furniture in this room yet. We paired down our furniture when we moved and so this room will have to be empty for a while. (Notice the white carpet? The people we got the house from also have 2 boys. Who puts white carpet down with 2 boys? I have visions of berry smoothies or red
kool-aid being dropped on this floor. Needless to say, such items are banned from this room.)

You can see in this picture how this front room is situated from the front door.

These are the windows across the front of the house in this room. Chris is a whirling dervish on the floor.
Next post I will show you more pictures of the house beyond the front room / amusement park!
Yay! Thanks for sharing pictures!
ReplyDelete