Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What do mushrooms, star trek and spanx have in common?

So we were eating our dinner of chicken kabobs the other night and I cut a grilled mushroom in half and put each half on the boy's plate and told them that they at least need to give it a try. I was quite surprised when they quickly and without complaint ate the mushrooms but then declared that they didn't really like them. Then they calmly went on with dinner. After dinner I was telling hubby that I was really expecting them to put up a fuss about trying the mushrooms. My hubby said that it was because I (instead of him) had told them to do it and they knew that resistance was futile. To which my Star Trek-infused mind responded, "I am the Borg, resistance is futile." To which my husband replied, "If you are Borg, when are you going to wear a skin-tight suit like Seven-of-Nine?" To which I responded, "If I looked like Seven-of-Nine then maybe I would wear a skin-tight suit." And then at the exact same moment we both said together, "Maybe if the suit is tight enough, I would look like Seven-of-Nine!" Which for some reason makes me think that I need to look into adding some Spanx to my wardrobe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment